Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's Aliiiiiive!!


Right now, my starter is a fluffy, bubbly, sweet-smelling blob of precious, thriving bacteria. Tomorrow at noon, I expect it to be deflated and stinky again, ready for another feeding, and then tomorrow night I can mix my leaven, and on Friday, I can enjoy delicious, wonderful bread! HOORAY!!
My starter developed a skin on top, probably from sitting in the warm oven all day, but when I peeled it back, it looked absolutely gorgeous (I realize I probably sound insane, but I am SO HAPPY I didn't kill those little buggars!!). I'm proud of myself for doing some research and figuring out why things weren't going in the right direction, and then actually fixing the problem! GO ME!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I truly can not wait! I am proud of you as well. Research for the Win!!!

    ReplyDelete