Tuesday, November 9, 2010

BUBBLES!

I feel like that fish in Finding Nemo. I want to shout it from the rooftops:
THERE ARE BUBBLES IN MY STARTER!
But I'm pretty sure that they'd haul me away before I could explain what I was talking about, so I figured I'd just write it here. I fed it this morning (10ish), this time keeping it in the same container rather than moving it into a new one. I just dumped out most of the starter and fed it right in the container. I figure it'd be less stressful for the bacteria that way (do bacteria stress out?) and there'd probably be more bacteria retained in the container. Also, less dishes. So, good for everyone, I guess. I turned up the heat in the oven to 90 degrees, and that seems to be doing the trick. I'm going to heat a cast iron pan in the big oven for a while and then put it into the small oven so I don't have to leave it on all the time.
Maybe there will be bread to eat on Friday? Stay tuned!

PS - if anything (else) exciting happens with my starter, I'll take a picture and show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment